Friday, August 23, 2013

40TH Birthday


Good morning!  Thought I would share the card I made for my younger sister's birthday; as you see, she's the BIG 4-0!  I remember when I turned 30 and she couldn't believe I was "that old"!  LOL

I knew I wanted to go with a bit of humor and Stella fits the bill!  She is colored with pencils...I held myself in check with the glitter, as my sister really isn't a glittery type of girl...it was hard though.  I pieced together a background of DP strips, added some Bella Dots in the corners, and the number 40 to finish it off.  Below is the message inside:


Image/Sentiment: Bugaboo Stamps
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Poppy Parade, American Crafts DP
Embellies: Bella Dots
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, PTI Number Dies, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Craft Room Challenge: Something New (American Crafts 6x6 Pad)
Opus Gluei: The Start of Something Big (New Decade)

Thanks for stopping by; have a super weekend!

Angela

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Awesome card and sentiment Angela. I love the papers, the layout and your beautiful coloring. Love this!!

Amy said...

Love the bright fun colors!

Debi said...

brilliantly bright and funky card! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Jessi Fogan said...

I am just in love with this super fun card, Angela!! Your sister is surely impressed :P I hope you told her that Stella's supposed to be HER :)

Rosemary said...

Hello, what a fun happy card! I love that you went with gentle humor and leaned towards her color likes (but who doesn't like lovely glitter? sigh). This is really a great card and I bet she loved it.

Love where you took the Opus Gluei theme! I'm sorry it took me so long to come over and comment, shame on this Poobah. I hope you come back for our latest theme, would love to see your spin on it!

Maria said...

I absolutely love this! Stella is so fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Craft-Room Challenge this fortnight.

Maria xx