Tuesday, May 7, 2013

This one's for Kate....

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!  It's time again for another sketch from the ladies at Tuesday Morning Sketches; this week our sketch was created by Debbie and our sponsor is Floppy Latte.

I made a card for the nursing student, Kate, who has worked with me for the past month; she just graduated and had her pinning, she will still need to take her State Boards.  Let me tell you, she is a "Superchick" for sure!  Kate rocks!

The chick is colored with pencils and I added some glitter to her cape, because after all, what "Superchick" doesn't like a touch of glitter?!  I embellished simply with clouds and a beaded sentiment.

Image: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Hibiscus Burst, Doodlebug Sugar Coated CS, KI Memories DP
Embellies: Doodlebug Glitter, Beads (Hobby Lobby)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestablities, Lil' Inker Designs Cloud Dies, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will stop on over to check out the rest of the ladies creations.  It's a fun sketch, I hope you will give it a try!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

All Sorts Challenge Blog: Add Some Sparkle
Love to Create: For Mom or a Special Lady
Make it Monday: Anything Goes
Make My Monday: Anything that Flies
No Matter Which Challenges: Things With Wings
Whoopsi Daisy: For Mother's Day or a Special Lady

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

15 comments:

marion said...

Pure sweetness, thanx for joining us at NMWC and good luck, hugs, Marion

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a sweet image and really pretty papers and colour combination.
Pauline
x

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE THIS! The super chick image is adorable but the alphabet beads make this rock! Totally awesome :)

Basslady said...

how adorable and funny and sweet, hun!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Jenée said...

Such a cute image and wonderful card. I really like how bright, colorful and fun it is, and I did smile wide when seeing that little super chick -- too, too cute!

Linda Palmer said...

Adorable!! My first time seeing Super Chick. I love what you did with all the clouds, beautiful design and card.

rachel said...

so cute - love the idea of a super chick and your papers are just fab! Thanks for joining us at whoopsi daisy and good luck xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Angela - this is a great card and I'm sure Kate will love being a "Super Chick". Thanks for sharing your card at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Helen x (DT)

Debbie said...

This is so cute!! I love the clouds and the letter beads!

Wendy L said...

A lovely cute card, love the sparkly clouds, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Mummylade said...

Hi, just popped by to admire your creation and thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

Melissa Craig said...

How cute is this! Good luck to Kate on her State Boards, too.

Fliss said...

A really cute card. Thanks for joining in with our MMM anything that flies challenge.
Fliss x

Amy said...

Cute card! Congrats to Kate!

Kathy said...

So pretty. Love these colors and the glitter. The way you did the senti is super cool, too. I bet Kate loved it.