Wednesday, May 15, 2013

best dad


Good morning!  I'm here with a new challenge from the ladies at Ruby's Rainbow; for this fortnight Ang has chosen our challenge and it is "Squares".  So, please take a peek at what the DT has come up with for your inspiration and then play along!

As I was looking through my craft stash, I found this old stamp and thought I'd go with it since Father's Day is just around the corner.  I was excited to find this crossword puzzle DP too...it was on the flip side of a colorful pattern.  I just did a bit of layering and distressed the edges of my papers.  I was REALLY tempted to add a touch of glitter to the heart, but I held myself back!  LOL  I am already wondering what my Dad will have to say about the chartreuse....  Could be interesting....

Sentiment: Hampton Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Simply Chartreuse, and True Black, Bella BLVD. DP
Extras: Prisma Pencil in "Limepeel", The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

365 Cards: Monday Squared
That Craft Place: Makes for Men
Cupcake Craft: Lots of Layers

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

14 comments:

Kathy said...

This is so cool. I like the crossword paper, that's awesome. I think chartreuse is pretty manly!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous...fabulous papers and design.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

I love your card design, a beautiful card and love the papers you have used. I've never seen that stripe before, but it is a perfect fit for this card.

Rachel said...

What a cute card!
Rachel xx

Debbie said...

Lovely card dearie.Love the stamp and the papers you've used.Fab crossword paper.Hugs Debbie x

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful Fathers Day card, Angela! Striking colors in contrast with the crossword puzzle! hugs, de

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, neat crossword pattern! And I think this is a great dad card - clean, graphic, awesome :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

very classy.
love how nice and simple you kept the card

cotnob said...

This is a great card Angela, I love your crossword puzzle paper and lovely clean design.
Pauline
x

Shelly said...

Great Father's Day card, love the CAS approach. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge x

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card!! Thanks for joining the fun @ 365 cards

Unknown said...

Wow this is great!!! Thanks for playing at That Craft PLace xx

Amy said...

Super cute! Love the puzzle paper and the bright DP and CS. Great man card!

Chris said...

great FD card!!