Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Smile Big



Good morning!  We have a new challenge, for the fortnight, over at Ruby's Rainbow.  My teamie Ang has chosen our challenge and she would like to see something that makes you smile or a smiley face...sounds good, right?!  I couldn't resist using this fun set from Technique Tuesday...it has the cutest assortment of stamps...I chose the silly smiley face to help remind me to take things in stride and not to take myself too seriously.

The sentiment was inked first with Versamark, then with Memento Tuxedo Black...I have found I get better coverage this way.  The smiley faces are stamped on DP and cut out...I added a bit of pink with a marker.  I finished the card with more patterned paper and a button/twine combo for embellishing.  I used Retro Sketch #44.

Image/Sentiment: Technique Tuesday
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pretty in Pink Marker
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, PTI DP
Embellies: PTI Lemon Tart Button, Divine Twine

I hope you will check out the rest of the DT's creations...they are sure to put a smile on your face!  You have 2 weeks to play along...so I hope you will do so!

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,lovely design and layout.xxx

Carol Willis said...

Great card Angela. Love it.
Hugs
Caz x

jackiescrafts said...

What a great card it certainly made me smile

Jackie x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card love those smiley faces
Hugs Shaz xx

Basslady said...

a very good and funny advice! love it, hun!!!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Debbie said...

Really love the layout of this card so bright and fun yet lovely clean lines.Gorgeous.Hugs Debbie x

Jessi Fogan said...

This is adorable! Love that little tongue-out smiley :)

Shanna Shands said...

The smiling faces are very uplifting.

Linda Palmer said...

What a fun and happy card. I love the yellows and smiley faces.

Margaret said...

Love this card, Angela

Margaret xx

cotnob said...

Fab card Angela, it certainly made me smile - love the black and yellow combination.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Love the papers with the images and such a nice design. Great job, Angela;)

Lesley said...

Great card Angela, I love the little smiley faces! xx

Kathy said...

Fun! Love the silly smiles!

Chris said...

love the smily card!!

Larissa said...

Very fun card. I like the layout and the design papers.

Amy said...

What a fun cheerful card! I love the smileys and the yellow/black color combo.