Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Fall


Good morning!  I'm back with another fun sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches; Theresa has designed our sketch for this week...I like the corner element, so many possibilities!  Our sponsor this week is Meljen's Designs and they let me pick this yummy Autumn Candy Apple to work with... thank you!  There are a lot of really darling images to work with...check them out!


I love Granny's Smith apples, so I wanted my card to be primarily green...I added a bit of caramel and some red for contrast.  The image is colored with pencils and the panel is popped up.  I was trying to figure out what to put in the upper left corner and then remembered my stash of alphabet beads...perfect!

Image: Meljen's Designs Digi Stamp
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI New Leaf, SU! Creamy Caramel, and Ruby Red, Imaginisce DP
Embellies: PTI Pure Poppy Baker's Twine, Alphabet Beads (Hobby Lobby)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will head on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to see what the rest of the DT has created...it's a fun sketch...play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge: Polka Dots/Spots
DRS Designs: Autumn Greetings
Inky Impressions: Fall/Halloween
Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges: Candy
Scrappy Frogs: Fall/Halloween
Take the Pixie Challenge: Give Us Some Candy

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

19 comments:

Shelia said...

I love the Happy Fall beads on this adorable candied apple card!! very cute. Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs!!

Janis Lewis said...

Angela, how sweet and yummy! Love the color combo. Thanks for playing at PDE Challenges. :) Janis

Imke said...

The Happy Fall beads are a great accent, Angela. Beautiful fall card.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is super sweetie and those beads finish it off a treat.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Candy Apple card. Looks sweet & yummy Thanks for entering the PDE Candy Challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
PDE DT Group B

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I host a challenge at Speedy TV Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations in which this wk's challenge, challenge #16 is Fruit or Veg and ends tonight so you still have time to enter. Membership is free in MFP. Please ck it out, join MFP, enter & let them know I sent you.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

Debbie said...

The bead banner is so cute!! Fun image, too!!

Linda Palmer said...

I love your candied apple. It looks good enough to eat. Great papers to use with it and it is a really fantastic card.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness...what a darling card! That apple looks absolutely yummy and I love the beads! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge Blog!

Tanya PDE DT

Jessi Fogan said...

I tried to use my alpha beads last week and - gasp - no A's! Must get more!! I absolutely love how you made them into the banner :) And that apple...yum!

Chris said...

so very cute, love the fall beads!!

Laura said...

Love the alpha beads in the corner! So cute!

Amy said...

Adorable! Love the beaded sentiment!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Angela, I love the happy fall beads.

Christine said...

Lovely cute creation great take on the Polka dots/Spots chall theme at AGOAC ..

thanks for sharing Christine x

Cheryl said...

This is SO cute! Your coloring is amazing, and I love the beads for your sentiment--really creative!

Melissa Craig said...

So adorable! I love the baby beads as the banner part.

Jennifer E. said...

Yum! Yum! Love the sentiment banner! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs.

Larissa said...

very adorable. The beads are so lovely for a sentiment