Sunday, August 12, 2012

Shabby Birds


Hello; hope your weekend is going well!  Why do they always pass so quickly?  I took a bit of time of work on this month's SFYTT...I'm usually finishing under the radar, so I am glad to get this one completed less than halfway through the month.

The image I used is from Clearly Digi Stamps digital set, Tweet Houses, drawn by Lisa Lara.  The different images and sentiments are adorable!  I combined an image and sentiment before printing with dark brown ink, then printed an extra birdhouse on kraft paper so I could trim and layer the images.  I added a bit of glitter to the top of the bird house, distressed the edges of the panels and added some brads for embellishing.

Image/Sentiment: Clearly Digi Stamps "Tweet Houses" Digi Set
Ink: Printer (dark brown), SU! Close to Cocoa Marker
Paper: PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream, and New Leaf, Echo Park DP
Embellies: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Heidi Swapp Brads
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Can You Digi It: Bird is the Word
Clearly Inspired: Things With Wings
Crafts and Me: Use a Digi
SFYTT: Sketch
That Craft Place: Things with Wings  

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

10 comments:

Larissa said...

Hi Angela!!!

Such a fun card! Love that cute image and the pink birdies are all so sweet. I hope you are well!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card Angela and wonderful sketch. Love the design and beautiful colors. Great job!

Unknown said...

Hi Angela what a tweet card love the faces of those little birds and I like the banner on the card in that pretty paper well done Hugs Elaine

Cheryl said...

Wonderful distressing and I love the green brads! A real "tweet" card!

Debbie said...

I have to say it... this is such a 'tweet' card!! I have that image set and they are so cute!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love how their faces are all poking out :) The colours really pop off the kraft too!

Carol Willis said...

Love this Angela, love the sweet little birds poking their heads out, so sweet.
Hugs
Caz x

Imke said...

What a sweet image, Angela. The birds are super cute how they are looking out of the house. And great take with the sketch !!

Amy said...

Oh, that image is darling! I like that sketch too--I need to do something with it.

Louise said...

Gorgeous colours and a gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place x