Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Clearly Digi Stamps August Release

Hello!  I'm back with some samples from the August release.  Today I'm working with 2 sets drawn by Austin Owens, Baby and Bugs.


For my first card I have used an image from Baby.  I wanted to make a baby girl card, but decided to mix it up a bit by using green and accenting with pink.  The image is colored with pencils, the baby blanket is paper pieced, and I've added buttons and twine for embellishing.

Image: Clearly Digi Stamps "Baby" Digital Set
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and New Leaf, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: Divine Twine, Buttons
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Card Crafter's Circle: Oh Baby!
Fetch a Sketch: Sketch




Next I have a couple of cards using Bugs.  I kept them very simple with a lot of white space; I wanted to keep the focus on the pretty images.  For the first, I combined the image with a sentiment, colored the image, and popped up the image panel for a bit of dimension.

I have to tell you, I was a bit afraid of coloring the rose on the second card, but once I got started I had fun!  I like the combo of pink and orange...it's fun and cheerful!  Again, I layered the image panel and added some Swarovski flatbacks for a bit of sparkle.

Image: Clearly Digi Stamps "Bugs" Digital Set
Sentiment: Clearly Digi Stamps "Faith" Digital Set
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select
Embellies: Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Topaz"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I am entering these cards in the following challenges:

Crafting For All Seasons: Bright Colors
Jellypark Challenges: Summertime Bugs
Love to Create: Sparkle
Party Time Tuesdays: Garden Delights 

Thanks for stopping by today; I hope you will head on over to Clearly Digi Stamps to check out the new stamps and samples.  There are some amazing sets and card samples!

Angela

21 comments:

Basslady said...

hun, what a gorgeous collection of awesome and sweet cards!

GREAT job!

hugs and kisses from germany,

silvi xoxo

Cassie said...

Wonderful designs, Angela!

Doreen said...

What gorgeous cards Angela,lovely images and colours.xxx

Amy said...

Wow! The two butterfly cards are beautiful--your coloring is awesome as usual. And the baby card is just the cutest thing! You have been busy!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the paper on the baby card - I just had to explain the stork the other day. My kids are still confused...lol!
The butterfly cards are stunning - I love your colouring, and they really pop on the white!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

AWESOME! I love what you've done with these! Especially that adorable stork/baby combo--the paper you used in back is my favorite part!!

Unknown said...

Angela these are beautiful I love the baby one what fab backing paper too wonderful work Hugs Elaine

Linda Palmer said...

All cards are so beautiful. I love all the white, really makes the images pop! You did a wonderful job on each one of them.

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Angela,
Thanks for playing in our Babies Card Challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle. I really like how the stork is delivering the baby,cute card !! It made me smile!!!
Hugs
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

These are all wonderful! I love the baby card! The CAS cards are gorgeous, too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful cards!!! They are so sweet, fun and I love them all!

Sassy Raggedy said...

All of these are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Love to Create. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Carol Willis said...

All beautiful cards Angela. I particularly live the baby card, fab colour combo.
Hugs
Caz x

Imke said...

Gorgeous cards, Angela. The baby card is super sweet and i like the colors- so it fits for a girl and a boy.

The other two with the white cardbase are very beautiful. I like that there is the focus on the image. Great coloring !

Pauline said...

This is wonderful, Angela! A marvellous image, and love that background paper too. Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle! I love your other creations in the post as well!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Grandma Bonnie said...

Angela, i am just saying that this card has so made me smile..i love this paper and the image and your paper piecing!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle..check back in a few hours to see the new challenge.

Lisa Lara said...

Your samples are so gorgeous Angela.

Cheryl said...

Great cards! The baby card is my fav!!! The button and twine embellies are super cute.

ddazzled71 said...

3 great cards Angela. Your two CAS cards featuring the beautiful butterflies which are definitely a delight in my garden are just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week and Good Luck!
Danie xx

Marie said...

OM Goodness, Angela these CAS cards are spectacular! I hate 'bugs' but you made them look loveable.

Tip Top said...

All really pretty cards and very striking! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges