Sunday, August 19, 2012

Christian Sympathy



Good Sunday morning!  It's time for our monthly blog hop with the gals at Clear Dollar Stamps.  This month our theme is "Sentiments Only" (No images on front of card.)


I am working with the digital set "Christian Sympathy" today.  There are a lot of different sentiments, both in black and white and in color to match the 3 coordinating DPs that come with the set.  I simply resized and printed my paper and sentiment.  I did a bit of layering and added a rolled felt flower adorned with a crystal. These can be made fairly quickly, so I made about a dozen extra.

Sentiment: Clear Dollar Stamps "Christian Sympathy" Digital Set
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Enchanted Evening
Embellie: Swarovski Flatback Crystal in "Smokey Topaz"
Extras: Spellbinder's Nestabilities, MFT Rolled Flower Die-namics, The Cat's Pajamas Felt

Blog Roll List:

Lori---Clearly I Stamp
Jerusha---I Love Papercrafting
Barb---Barb's Best Creations
Angela---that's me!
Lisa---Lisa's Life Lines
Jen---Pieces of Me
Sarah T.---Aunt Bee's Pickles
Linda---The Stamper's Touch

Please join us!  One lucky winner will receive a $25 Clear Dollar Stamps gift certificate for digital images!  A winner will be randomly chosen from comments received on a DT member's blog and will be announced on the CDS blog Thursday, August 23rd.  I will announce the winner here as well.

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Mess Challenge Blog: Words (no images)
Creative Craft Challenges: Just a Sentiment
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog: Deep Blue
Paper Shelter: Clean and Simple
Twisted Tuesday: Are You Blue?
Word Art Wednesday

Thank you for stopping by; have a great day!

Angela

32 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Angela, this card is stunning! Love the clean and simple aspect of it. Perfect for a sympathy card.

Linda

Little C's Creations said...

Ahhh... so pretty!!! <3

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely beautiful and perfect for such a sad occasion, thank you for joining our challenge at The Paper Shelter this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

Barb said...

Oooo very clean and pretty! Love it!

Kathy said...

So very pretty! I always love sentiment focused cards, this one is so elegant, love it. Way to go making up some extras, too!

Linda Palmer said...

I love this and I have to have it. It would be perfect for making cards for my Church Family. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful sympathy card Angela.
Hugs
caz x

Unknown said...

Hi Angela wow its lovely , love the patterned paper across the back and the sentiment is lovely , you made me laugh saying about your hubby over your shoulder , mine is the same, he is always coming over to peek at what I am viewing . Hugs Elaine

Tracy said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it =))) tracyzahm@yahoo.com

Melina said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I love CAS!!!
thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

Kathy D. said...

This even looks manly enough to give to a male which isn't always easy to do with sympathy cards.

Marsha said...

Very pretty CAS card. Love the blues.

Jennifer said...

I just love your CAS card! Blue and white is my favourite combo and the sentiment is fantastic!

Jenée said...

Very nice card. I'm enjoying the "sentiment only" challege of this blog hop. The cards really focus on the words, and everyone is doing such lovely work to share.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Angela: I love this card, and I always say I'm gonna make more sympathy cards, but I never do. Thanks for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday, and may God bless your week. I appreciate your participation and hope you will continue to join us. What a blessing you are to me!
Blessings to you too,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for joining our current theme 'words only' over on the craftymess challenge blog.
What a very fitting card for the sad occasion it is designed for. The card is clean and the paper strip is lovely. The felt flower really finishes it off perfectly. The verse/sentiment is lovely.
I hope to see more entries from you in our future themes on our blog.
Hugs Lisa xxxx

AnnMarie said...

Very, very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the card. Especially like the rolled felt flower.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So clean - the LO is great and the flower is just the right touch.

Loll said...

Beautiful card. Love the rolled flower.

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! I love that set!!

Nana Diane said...

Very nice card, beautifully simple!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I looooooooooooooooove this Angela. You do CAS brilliantly!

Edwina said...

Beautiful card. this would make a great Sympathy or encouragement card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Jackie W said...

Very elegant and soothing card. TFS

Patty Gorka said...

This is wonderful with just the sentiment and no image, nicely done! Thanks for joining us this week at Twisted Tuesdays challenges!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Beautiful composition! Love the layering.

Maria Geary said...

I. LOVE. THIS, I always think of an image AND a sentiment. You did a great job.

Marie said...

Beauty in simplicity, Kathy. The sentiment is lovely and you have showcased it to perfection. Love the flower embellishment.

Lillian Child said...

Such lovely script and sentiment and I like that you left this lovely stamped sentiment be the focal point of the card.

Franz♥ said...

Love your card, Angela! Thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight!

Hugs, Franz.

Larissa said...

very pretty card, the rolled flower really finishes it off.