Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Anything But a Card....


Good morning!  It's time for another challenge from Ruby's Rainbow; this fortnight my teamie Jackie has chosen "Anything But a Card".  Sounds interesting, right?  The possibilities are endless!

At first I wasn't sure what to do, but I happened to find some fun little tin pails at Target's Dollar Spot.  I bought a few to have on hand and decided to embellish one and make a tag to match for our challenge.  It will be good to have on hand when a birthday party pops up.  The bucket could hold candy, nail polish, a gift card or all three!  LOL

I colored my little chick with pencils and cut her out with Nestabilities.  The tag is cut with a PTI die and I used Jen del Muro's July SFYTT for my layout.  I added a bit of ribbon, Baker's Twine and some brads.  The image panel is popped up.  For the pail, I picked assorted coordinating ribbons and tied them onto the handle.

Image: Stampendous Calendar Chick
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and American Crafts DP
Embellies: Assorted Ribbons, PTI Dark Chocolate Baker's Twine, Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, PTI Tag Die, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

I hope you will head on over to Ruby's Rainbow to see what the rest of the DT created for this challenge...I would love to see your "Anything But a Card" too!

I am also entering my project in the following challenges:

Die Cuttin Divas: Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday: Focus on the Ribbon
Twisted Tuesday Challenges: Free For All

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Angela how fabulous what a great idea , Love all those ribbons and the tag is gorgeous well done good luck Hugs Elaine .
Ps thank you for your lovely comments you are always so kind I do appreciate them

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, what a fabulous desigh on this great gift can. I love getting those and making them. Love you ribbon design and beautiful tag.

shaz earl said...

Hi Angela
Fab idea of the tin pail great for a different gift love the tag too
hugs Shaz xx

Debbie said...

This is fantastic!! The 'wrapping' will be loved as much as the gift in it!!

Basslady said...

i love your sweet idea!

looks fabulous!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Ginger said...

What a cute idea! Way to go! I was in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge and wanted to see what every else made in the for the challenge. You did a great job!

Imke said...

I like all the ribbon at the tin pail and the tag is super sweet. I like the different DP and of course the little chick !

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh man, you've enabled me! Darn. I've been resisting these sweet little pails & tins every time I've gone to W*mart the last 6 months or so, and now I NEED THEM. RIGHT NOW.
LOVE how you attached the ribbons, and that sweet little chick on the tag? Adorable!!

Lesley said...

Great project Sandra, and I love the cute little chick on the tag! xx

Lesley said...

I did of course mean Angela in my comment above lol! xx

Marie said...

I will definitely have to CASE this great idea. Thanks! The little chick is so cute....will have to dig these stamps out....forgot I had them.

Annette said...

Great fun tag and I love how you've used all those ribbons on the bucket. Great way to use up lots of scraps too.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous creation I wish we had those pales at a dollar store but I am in the UK! :(
never mind I get to enjoy yours instead! hanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time for our Focus on Ribbon challenge, hugs Samantha :0)
PS don't forget you can enter 3 projects and or 3 Tips too! xx

Melina said...

very cute! thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

Caroljenks said...

LOVE IT! Beats a gift bag any day! Gorgeous tag - love the chick :)

Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Focus on the Ribbon' challenge. Don't forget you can add up to 3 projects AND 3 Top Tips!

Carol x

Chris said...

love the bucket! what a great idea!!

Kathy said...

What a fun bucket. Love this, so much cuter than a gift bag and it can be saved for decoration, love it.

Larissa said...

Love it, Such a great gift set.