Monday, May 14, 2012

Wishing You a Fairy Good Day


Good Monday morning!  Did you have a nice Mother's Day yesterday?  I did; I spent the day with family, went for brunch (yay, no cooking) and had a relaxing day.

As I was looking through the challenges, I knew I was going for pink and girlie and wings....

My image is colored with pencils and accented with glitter.  I found some pretty papers in my stash that had a nice pop of pink and decided to distress the edges a bit for some texture.  I added some grosgrain ribbon and a layered diecut flower for embellishing.

Image/Sentiment: MFT Pure Ince nocen"Believe in Magic"
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Fine Linen, and Hibiscus Burst, the girls' paperie DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Embellies: PTI Hibiscus Burst Grosgrain Ribbon, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust" and "Pink Smoothie"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, MFT "Upsey Daisies" Die-namics, SU! Dimensionals

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz: Pink and Girlie
Crafty Calendar: Things with Wings
Crafty Mess: Pink and Cute
Delightful Challenges: Distressing
Fairy Tale Challenge Blog: Things with Wings
Glitter Geeks Blog Challenge: Wings and Things
Jellypark Challenges: Girlie Girl
Paper Sundaes: Things With Wings
The Squirrel and the Fox: One For the Girls 
Two Sisters: Make it Girlie

Thanks for stopping by; have a great day!  I'll be back tomorrow with another sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches....

Angela

16 comments:

Basslady said...

hun, this is such a cute card! wonderful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Paula said...

Fantastic card and colour combo, love your papers and image! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Imke said...

Very sweet card and cute image, Angela. I like the corner and the distressed look. Very sweet !

Unknown said...

Hi Angela thank you for your lovely comments on my cards.
Your card is fabulous, what fantastic work, well done .
I love the sparkly wings on her,she is so cute.

Hugs Elaine

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,lovely image.xxx

Linda Palmer said...

She us so cute and so sweet. I love PI. Love the sparkle you gave your card and love your beautiful coloring.

Cat's sCrap said...

Gorgeous card. Magnificent paper. Pretty girl. Bravo ! it's successful !
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Kathy said...

Beautifully done! That glitter is so sparkly, love it. Such pretty coloring and papers, too.

Carol C said...

Beautiful card, I love the image and the papers. Thanks for joining us at the Glitter Geeks this week, Carol x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you so much for entering the Craftymess challenge http://craftymesschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Beautiful card, beautiful image, beautiful colour combination...just beautiful.
Well Done and I look forward to seeing more of your entries over at craftymess
Lisa xxxx

Amy said...

So cute! Love the PI images, and you know I love me some glitter!

Lisa Lara said...

Adorable Angela...I love PI's . Your applique on the wings is great. I love your distressing.

Seafield Jo said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love it. Adorable image, fab colouring, super choice of papers and the flower is superb.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

Jo :)

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us this time at Paper Sundaes.

hugs
jayne
x

Chris said...

wow! very cute card, that image is super cute!! love all the layers!

Larissa said...

So cute!