Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TMS#130


Good Tuesday morning!  Jessica, from Tuesday Morning Sketches, has drawn us a fun sketch to work with this week.  Our sponsor is Stamp Fairy; Gerda has the cutest digital images!  I was going to get a new image, but the more I looked the more I found that I liked....  I just couldn't make up my mind, so I went with the image I already had....  Barry is really fun to color....

I went the clean and simple route with this card, but I would like to try the sketch again and take it up a notch.  Isn't versatility great?  Barry is colored with Prisma pencils and accented with glitter.  I wanted to let the DP shine, so I used just some simple beads for the sentiment.  Was thinking of adding some snowflakes, but I made myself stop...after all, the snowflakes on the DP are so pretty.

Image: Stamp Fairy Digital Stamp
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Orchid Opulence and Soft Suede, Crate Paper DP
Embellies: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (Barry's hat), Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust" (snow), Alphabet Beaads (Hobby Lobby)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, DMC Floss


I really can't wait to see everyone's take on Jessica's sketch!  I hope you'll check them out too and leave the DT a bit of love for their efforts.  I would also love to see your take on the sketch!

I am also entering this card in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge, which is to use beads.

Thanks for stopping by today; have a great week!

Angela

20 comments:

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card.xxx

Marie said...

Barry is "beary" cute, Angela. I agree that DP is a super background for the cute image. Love the 'purple' and have to remember to use it more. The letter beads are a unique touch. I have a container of these, I'll have to dig them out. TFS.

Chris said...

this is adorable! love those little letters!!

Amy said...

There's that cutie patootie bear again--I love him! That DP is too cool, and so are the beads.

Jessica G. said...

Too cute, Angela! Your coloring on this little bear is perfect and so is the DP backdrop!!

Feebsy said...

What an adorable card, the image is so cute and you've coloured him beautifully. I really like the beads as a greeting, a great idea.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Papercraft By Carole said...

What a cute bear Barry is!! And he is beautifully coloured!! I love the alphabet beads you have used for the sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

Linda Palmer said...

Your take is awesome. Love your card, love those beautiful papers and love your beautiful coloring. Great card!!

Mynn xx said...

Ok, now that is one clever way to use beads! I have TONS of these lying around--so totally stealing this idea! Thanks so much for joining us at CCM! :)

Heather B said...

Cute card!!!

Theresa said...

Totally too cute!! Love the coloring on the bear and the purple is just fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the letter beads! I have some of these but have used up all of my 'a' and 'e' beads! Thanks for joining my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Joanna M. said...

I saw your card on the TMS site and I just had to stop by and tell you how much I LOVED this card! Those letters are DARLING!

Dawn said...

This is so cute Angela! I just love this image. The snowflake paper is so fun!

Imke said...

Cute card, Angela. Like the saying with brads and it´s my fav DP !! Very pretty.

Kathy said...

So cute Angela. Love the little letter beads, great touch. Fun dsp and I'm loving the purple scarf!

Debbie said...

This is such a cute card!! I'm not usually a purple fan, but you made it look great!!! :)
Debbie
http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

Donelda said...

so cute, adore the little bead letters! I have them but never think to use them ... you always inspire me!!

Melissa Craig said...

Such a sweet card, Barry and the snowman are adorable.

Larissa said...

Such a swet card! Love how you coloured Barry, so nice. The little beads with the brr are really nice.