Monday, July 11, 2011

July SFYTT: Oh Baby!

Good Monday morning! How was your weekend? Why do they go so fast?

I have been wanting to get a card in the mail for our niece who will be having a baby in October. Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try for July was perfect; the sponsor is MFT, so I went with this fun a' la mode image. Did you guess that the baby is supposed to be a girl?

The image is colored with pencils and the eyes are dotted with a black gel pen. I embellished simply with a felt flower and buttons. I borrowed a trick from Joanne Basile and used vellum for the sentiment. I could have made the image panel longer, but I didn't want to hide the DP. The vellum was the perfect solution!

Image/Sentiment: MFT a' la modes "Oh Baby!"
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate, SU! Blushing Bride, My Mind's Eye DP, The Paper Studio Vellum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Embellies: Assorted Buttons
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps Die, PTI Felt (Raspberry Fizz/Dark Chocolate), DMC Floss

That's it for today; I'll be back tomorrow with another fun challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

6 comments:

Kathy said...

So cute, love your take on the sketch. The vellum sentiment looks great, neat idea. Your niece will love it.

Linda Palmer said...

I think this is so sweet. Your niece will love it. I love the sweet image and your fab coloring. Pretty papers too! Love the card!

Unknown said...

Angela, this is just darling. love the sentiment on vellum strip;)

Saskia said...

So sweet! :)

Larissa said...

A very lovely card! The felt flowers are awesome and that vellum sentiment is so cute. I love how you coloured the image, such nice shading!

Chris said...

very cute, i love the vellum!!