Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Sketch For You To Try

Hi there! I am cutting the deadline really close with this card...I made it by about 3 hours! Good grief; I have had the whole month of June! It's a great sketch, so I'm glad I got to use it.... Stamping Bella is the June sponsor for Jen del Muro's SFYTT, and I just received some goodies last week, so I had to use this cute, little Peep! Isn't she just a doll in her snazzy, red raingear?

It took forever for me to pick out a paper combo...does anybody else ever have that problem? I finally decided on some October Afternoon DP from various pads. The little Peep is colored with pencils and her umbrella was paper pieced. I embellished with some lacy black trim, a red felt rose and some Swarovski crystals.

Image: Stamping Bella "Umbrella PEEP"
Paper: SU! Real Red, PTI True Black, October Afternoon DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Embellies: Black Ribbon (my stash), Swarovski Flatback Crystals in "Topaz"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics Rolled Rose Die, The Cat's Pajamas CutUp Die (leaves), The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

Here's a photo of the card I was about to upload. Something just wasn't right, and I decided that the black strip was just too wimpy. I removed some of the embellies, added a thicker strip over the first strip, replaced the embellies and voila'! Much better! Still somewhat lacey,but more substantial to ground the rose.

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

7 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card. I love all your cards and this one is really cute and I love the paper. Thanks so much for the blog award. I will post it sometime tomorrow. I just saw it and need two post it 3 times. I got it from two other friends on the same day. lol!!!

Imke said...

Wonderful paper choice, Angela. For me and my cards it´s the same. It tooks the longest time to choose the DP. Your card is very sweet. Like the paper piecing and the flower. Fabulous !

Kathy said...

I LOVE this one. The pieced umbrella is too cute. Love the lacy trim and rose, too. I always have the hardest time picking paper. This combo of October Afternoon prints is fun!

Chris said...

love this!! the umbrella on the graph paper is too cute!!

Larissa said...

Oh this is so adorable! LOVE that stamp, I really must add it to my wishlist. Love your colouring on the little peep.

Amy said...

How did I miss this?!? Just so pretty and sweet--great color combo.

Susan said...

I love your paper piecing! Sadly I haven't done it in ages. Love that cute image!!