Friday, March 18, 2011

Red Hat Society 50th Birthday

Hello and "Happy Friday"! How about a silly card to get the weekend off on a good note? One of my bosses at work asked me to make a birthday card for her sister-in-law...she requested the "Red Hat" theme. I couldn't really find any red/purple DP, so I decided to go with CS ran through the Cuttlebug...I thought the paisley was perfect! I am hoping I don't offend her with the slightly risque image. I'm thinking she will get a kick out of it...stubbly legs and all! LOL

The image is by Bugaboo Stamps, but I purchased the clear set from Totally Stampalicious. It has a few cute sayings to go with it. I struggled with how to make this a birthday card (without a birthday sentiment), but finally decided to put the "50" on the front...I think that makes it birthday worthy. I die cut some numbers, stamped the sentiment on vellum, die cut it, and used bling to hide the glue. It seemed to work out well. Stella is colored with pencils and the bow on her hat and her jewelry are accented with glitter. I added some bling to pull it all together.

Image/Sentiment: Bugaboo Clear Set from Totally Stampalicious
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Royal Velvet, SU! Lavendar Lace and Real Red, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellies: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Me and My Big Ideas Bling
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Cuttlebug "Paisley" Embossing Folder, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, QuicKutz "Blossom" Numbers

That's it for today.... Thanks for stopping by; have a super weekend!

Angela

6 comments:

Chris said...

omg this made me smile!! love her droopy boobs!!! lolololol

Amy said...

Super cute card, Angela! Love the sent over the 50--great b-day card!

Linda Palmer said...

This is way too cute! I love this image and the colors you used. She must be a Red hat lady. Lovely coloring too.

Imke said...

Arent´t these images fun ? Fantastic Card, Angela and i like how you added the 50 behind the sentiment.

Larissa said...

Hihi this is a very fun card! I must admit that I have never heared about the red hat society, but after a quick google I found out what it is about. I love the large 50 under the vellum oval. It looks fabulous!

Kathy said...

I love this image, perfect for a red hat lady, you nailed that color combo. The little hairs on her legs made me laugh. Great way to do the 50, so smart. Hope she loved it.