Monday, November 8, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #67

Good morning! Melissa has another sketch for us over at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. Our sponsor this week is Tiffany's Doodles; you can check out the online store here.

I thought the sketch this week was a fun one; I chose to flip it. I colored my image with pencils and paper pieced her dress. Since I had used a lot of scallops, I embellished the card simply with 2 buttons stacked upon each other and tied with twine. The crown is embellished with Distress Stickles for a subtle sparkle.

Image: MFT Pure Innocence "Something Special Just For You"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate, K & Company DP
Embellies: PTI Buttons, PTI Button Twine, Ranger Distress Stickles in "Antique Linen"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities

I hope you will check out the rest of the DT's creations and play along with us this week. I would love to see what YOU come up with!

Thanks for stopping by; have a good one!

Angela

7 comments:

Jessica G. said...

So sweet, especially her paper pieced dress! Gorgeous DPs and fun idea to use the Stickles for her crown. And why didn't I think to use a scallop in place of the ray elements??

Larissa said...

Very cute my friend! Love the cute image and her cute dress!

Theresa said...

Angela, you did a fabulous job on this card. The image is just darling. Great job!

Imke said...

Angela, she looks so sweet in her paper pieced dress. I like the DP and the colors. Very pretty !

Kathy said...

Such a cutie. Love the paper piecing on her dress and the stickles really bring the crown to life. Also I really love what I can see of your kitchen in the background. Your countertops and cabinets look beautiful (couldn't help noticing).

Amy said...

How did I miss this little cutie pie? I just love those PI stamps--KJ is sending me some images. I love her glittery crown!

Jackie Randolph said...

Angela, love your card for this week's sketch! Such a sweet image and beautiful papers. I just love how you paper pieced her dress and the sparkle on her crown