Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Friday!!!





Hello and happy Good Friday! I've been working on a fun project that I finished up this morning. I was able to combine 2 challenges; first the theme for Bellarific Friday was getting "hitched", second the challenge at KL Stampin N Scrapin was boxes and baskets. Combining the two was so much fun!!!

I didn't want to do the traditional bridal card; I wanted to do something fun and funky for a young stylish woman. I chose a color palette of black/white with a splash of pink and added a lot of bling. I love the bling!!! I used Swarovski flatbacks and boy do they pack a punch! If you are familiar with Stamping Bella stamps, you might recognize that I have added shoes to this image. I think it was one of the earlier designs and I have noticed some of them are barefoot. I just drew a heel and a line across the toe area. I think it looks more finished for her to sport stilettos when she's all decked out!

Last fall I made a box to match a custom wedding card I made; surprisingly it was easy! And fun! I decided to give it another go.... This box was very simply done; I made up the pattern myself and with the use of my Scor-Pal it went very quickly. The bottom of the inside is lined with white felt. At first I was going to use a cicular/scalloped Nestabilies, but decided it would look better to mimic the card so I went with the rectangle. I used a bit of paper to make the band, added a monogram and a swirl, and finished it off with more crystals. (The band doesn't wrap all the way around the card; it's flush with the side of the box.)

Image: Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Hibiscus Burst, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: Swarovski Flatback Crystals, SU! Rose Grosgrain Ribbon (forgot I had PTI Hibiscus Burst)
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Foam Tape, White Felt

I hope you enjoyed my project...I sure had fun making it! I forgot to mention that if you are a Bella fan, the "B" stands for Bella. If not, the "B" stands for bride.

I hope you will stop by both blogs and check out the fun entries!

I have some more fun things in progress, so I hope you'll stop back this weekend. Enjoy the holiday weekend and travel safe if you'll be on the road.

Angela

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this color palette. It is so fun and fresh! And the added bling is perfect!

Amy said...

Fabulous! Love the B & W and pink, LOVE that swirl and all the bling! Great job.

Larissa said...

I think the B stands for BEAUTIFUL! :) Gorgeous card with a very lovely box. Love the set you created! The Bella imag is so fun with her big bling bling ring and I love the designpaper you used! Great colours and just perfect!

Kathy said...

This is so much fun. Just right for a funky and stylish bride. So great adding the shoes, I love that idea. This color palette is one of my favorites, too. Great job!

Chris said...

this is gorgeous, very classy!!

Kelly L said...

Very stylish! I like it, and the swarovski crystals really add to the elegance of the set. :) Kelly

Kristine said...

THis is a FABULOUS gift set and loving all the BLING! :) Your color scheme is perfect for young bride!