Monday, December 28, 2009

A Fun CASE....

I was visiting my friend Jessica's blog and came across a pretty card that really intrigued me. See here. I have always loved piecing, whether in the form of fabric or paper. (I had great plans for quilting but found that after I had cut and pieced the fabric, I no longer had any interest in the rest of the process....) Thankfully with paper it goes together much faster and easier. It was actually quite fun; just cut varying widths of paper and glue them to a base. Actually I believe you are supposed to use scraps for this, but I am really loving this Bella Blvd. DP right now and ended up cutting from new 12 x 12 sheets!

My first card was very basic: PTI Kraft base, pieced panel, SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and a Stampendous sentiment stamped with SU! Chocolate Chip.

For my second card, I thought it would be fun to mat the panel using PTI Dark Chocolate. I also added a candle which is a really fun and inexpensive embellie. I believe the box of 36 Cake Mate candles was 69 cents at our local grocery store. The sentiment is from Pink Cat Studio.

I used a larger panel for my third card and found a cute sentiment from my Pink Cat Studio stash. I thought the ring of stars around the sentiment really complemented the paper; the stars are colored and accented with Doodlebug yellow glitter. I cut it out with my Nestabilities and mounted it with foam tape over a band of PTI Dark Chocolate satin ribbon.

I found this was a really fun technique and will definitely do it again! The possibilities are endless....

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Patti said...

These cards are so cute, and I love the patterned paper, and how you pieced it! Great cards...and my birthday is in October BTW ;>)